This basketball coaching certification and development course builds on the foundation set in our Level I Basketball Coaching Development Program.
Topics explored in Level II include the role of the coach, planning & organizing, teaching techniques, offensive & positional play, team defense, developing athleticism, and physiological development.
Completion of course and passing the final quiz will certify you as a Hoops U. Certified Basketball Coach.
Level II Program Benefits
- Offers basketball coaches a deeper understanding of the game and how to teach it.
- Improves the coach’s ability to plan and run an efficient, successful program.
- Gives coaches the tools to a better understanding of the physical and psychological development of players.
- Shares ideas on evaluating players and effectively teaching and coaching the game of basketball.
- Delivers coaching education to all coaches within an organization.
- Better-trained coaches build a more successful organization.
- Certified coaches receive a certificate verifying their achievement.
If we put this in book form, the Level II Basketball Coaching Development Program would be well over 300 pages in length! However, with our online course module you can read, study, and learn at your own pace on your own computer, tablet, or any mobile device!
Level II Basketball Coaching Development Program Course Syllabus
|Module 1||Level II Introduction|
|Unit 1||Introduction to Level II Coaching Development Course|
|Module 2||The Role of the Coach|
|Unit 1||Evaluating & Selecting Players|
|Unit 2||An Effective Instruction Model|
|Unit 3||Evaluating Coaching Effectiveness|
|Unit 4||Game Day Preparation|
|Unit 5||Bench Management|
|Module 3||Planning & Organization|
|Unit 1||Yearly Planning & Organizing|
|Unit 2||Planning for the In-Season|
|Unit 3||Developing Practices by Age and Skill|
|Module 4||Teaching Techniques|
|Unit 1||Teaching Techniques, Level 2|
|Module 5||Team Play|
|Unit 1||Basic Concepts of Play|
|Unit 2||Positional Play|
|Unit 3||Offensive Team Play|
|Unit 4||Team Defense Foundations|
|Module 6||Player Development|
|Unit 1||Developing Athleticism|
|Unit 2||The Body & Physiological Development|
|Unit 1||Forms from the Course|
|Unit 2||Additional Forms & Handouts|
Hoops U. Basketball Coaching Development Program Level II Certified Coaches will be able to:
- Understand the basic rules and fundamentals of basketball that is necessary to plan and implement relevant skill development activities.
- Explain the roles and ethical responsibilities of a basketball coach.
- Develop different player evaluation methods and design tryout sessions.
- Develop a model for proper instruction and understand the various levels of learning.
- Identify ways to self-evaluate your coaching effectiveness.
- Understand what it takes to prepare and manage the bench on game days.
- Develop a seasonal master plan and effectively design practice sessions based on age-specificity.
- Teach simple and complex skills and plan practices to simulate competitive conditions.
- Introduce conceptual aspects of basketball as well as break down skills and tactics to be easily understood.
- Teach the basic foundations of offensive and defensive play.
- Develop athleticism to help create overall athletes.
- Understand the body’s energy systems as they relate to playing basketball and recognize age considerations.