Purpose: Work on offensive transition, finishing the fast break, and conditioning.
Drill: 2 players are required to perform this drill. With a team, have the next two go when the previous pair finish.
The drill begins with O1 tossing the ball off the backboard and then rebounding the ball. He will then outlet the ball to O2, who immediately dribbles the ball up the middle of the court. O1 sprints down the wing.
O2 will perform a jump stop at the free throw line area and pass to O1, who is cutting hard to the basket for a layup.
O2 rebounds the shot and quickly outlets the ball to O1, who fills the opposite wing after shooting.
O1 and O2 return down the court and perform the same action; however, O1 will dribble, jump stop and pass and O2 will finish with the layup. This pattern continues three more times up and down the court as follows:
- Trip 1: Layup
- Trip 2: Jump Shot
- Trip 3: Pass Back for Jump Shot
- Trip 4: Give and Go for Layup
- Players should not neglect the fundamentals
- Players should push the ball hard — game speed
- It is key for the rebounder to sprint to get ahead of the passer